Wealth doesn’t just require money — it requires discipline. If there is one thing you have mastered as a physician, it’s a healthy respect for the rules.
Who We Serve
Physicians face financial worries that differ from other professionals. You’ve made substantial investments in your training and in building your practice, and you shoulder considerable financial risk throughout your career. But with the right guidance, you also have tremendous opportunities for wealth building.
You shouldn’t have to educate your financial advisor about the challenges and possibilities on the horizon for you.
Early Career Physicians
Late Career Physicians
The Rx Wealth Plan:
Your Prescription for Success
Wealth is not something you wing. You achieve it the same way you achieve everything else: an assessment of data, logical and unemotional evaluation, educated insight, critical decision-making, and a long-term commitment.
In order to accomplish this, we have a specific process that helps us identify who we can help and how we can best serve them. Rather than offer “free” advice and then a high-pressure sales pitch, we charge a flat fee for a standalone plan that takes into account your current finances and assets.
Want to understand our thinking and get a glimpse of what it’s like to work with us? Start with a no-cost, no-obligation analysis of your most recent tax return. We’ll identify key tax savings opportunities you missed and offer insight into how an Rx Wealth Plan will help you avoid pitfalls in the future and set you up for success.
The Rx Wealth Plan is a blueprint for building your critical financial infrastructure and includes:
- Starting with your “why” – We know your situation is not like others. We need to understand what is important to you and why. Also, what makes you make the decisions you make.
- Our and your assumptions – Both Rx Wealth and you must make some basic assumptions. We review these assumptions to be sure that not only are we on the same page, but that our assumptions are based on the best information possible.
- Giving our recommendations with steps to implement – Based on your “why,” we lay out the specifics of what you need to do to build your financial infrastructure now and to capture opportunities and eliminate risks that could derail your wealth building in the future. For example, we may recommend strategies to get control of your cash flow, reduce taxes, tailor your portfolio to your vision, and protect your wealth from unexpected risks.
- The art & science behind our recommendations – We share with you all the data, our logical and unemotional assessment of that data, and the factors and considerations that lead us to our recommendations.
- Our ongoing infrastructure support – We outline how we will help you implement our recommendations and support you going forward.
- Straightforward, actionable advice and service – We provide you advice, guidance, and service you can count on to help you protect and grow your wealth.
Could you be missing out on a similar opportunity to save? Get your FREE, no-obligation personal tax return analysis here.
How We Do It
Based on your Rx Wealth Plan, we’ll apply our scientific process — based on heavily-researched financial science — to determine the areas of focus and steps necessary to get you to where you want to be.
Next, we’ll translate these areas of focus and numbers into strategies to fulfill your wishes and needs — aligning your optimal return and risk tolerance with a well-diversified investment portfolio and specific financial planning strategies that mirror our Rx Wealth Plan recommendations. All are designed to preserve and grow your wealth over time.
After that, we’ll do the heavy lifting to execute our investment strategy and financial recommendations while continuously monitoring your progress and adjusting as your personal situation changes.
Physician Wealth Management Framework
In developing a working partnership with your advisor, it is important to set clear expectations and guidelines to promote success. Our Physician Wealth Management Framework, explained below, is designed to do just that.
Initial and Ongoing: Wealth Assessment, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Developing an “Rx Wealth Vitals” profile to know where you and your family currently stand
- Identifying the key areas of your finances to focus on and opportunities to take advantage of (performed annually)
- Based on each phase of our framework, we maintain a list of specific yearly tasks that are needed to keep your and your family’s finances on track
- Assembling, leading, and coordinating with a team of other professionals to benefit your and your family’s well-being and finances
- Providing ongoing communications and meetings to keep you educated about your finances and allowing you to focus on your other passions in life
Phase One: Protecting You and Your Family Reduces Anxiety
- Protecting your lifetime earnings
- Protecting your family in the event of premature death
- Protecting your assets
- Protecting your health
- Building an adequate “War Chest” to handle emergencies or take advantage of opportunities
- Implementing the legal documents, such as a Will or Power of Attorney
- Developing or enhancing the proper business or employment contracts and legal structure to limit your liability, maximize tax benefits, and maintain your freedom of choice, while protecting you and your family
Phase Two: Planning and Saving for Your Future
- Memorializing what is important to you and your family
- Building a realistic monthly/annual spending and savings plan based on your priorities
- Implementing a systematic, long-term savings plan
- Defining what investment vehicles to use, based on your priorities and taxes, to begin building your nest egg
- Strategically designing and managing your debt
- Advising on new home and other lifestyle asset purchases
Phase Three: Growing in Order to Maintain Future Lifestyle
- Ongoing investment planning and monitoring
- Focusing on taking advantage of fundamental tax savings strategies
- Investing for market-like performance through a diversified portfolio
- Enhancing your career and practice
- Identifying areas of increased earnings potential
- Improving your financial knowledge
- Growing toward financial independence
Phase Four: Enhancing Your Plan and Wealth
- Implementing 529 plans & education savings on a tax-advantaged basis
- Monitoring your investment expenses, taxes, and fees
- Using more sophisticated tax structures to reduce taxes and benefit your family
- Planning for tax-efficient philanthropy
- Investing in your children and grandchildren
- Taking a measured risk with investing in exchange for potential return enhancements
Phase Five: Legacy
- Teaching your children about money and family values
- Creating your estate plan and related estate documents
- Developing your personal and charitable legacy
Much like becoming a physician, successfully building wealth and achieving your financial goals takes focus, determination, a defined path, and consistency. Without these key characteristics, a physician is just using hope as a strategy, and hope is rarely the best option for achieving success and wealth. If you are not using a defined framework to manage your wealth, please call us for a complimentary consult.
Our Sole Motivation Is Your Success
This means that everything we suggest serves to benefit you, and only you.
Our process starts with a brief introductory call for us to get to know each other and to help us understand what is concerning you about your finances. Then we conduct a free, no-obligation analysis of your most recent tax return. We’ll highlight specific tax savings opportunities you may have missed and offer insight into how an Rx Wealth Plan will help you avoid pitfalls in the future and set you up for success.
If you find value in the initial tax analysis and wish to move forward, the next step is to have Rx Wealth Advisors complete your comprehensive Rx Wealth Plan.